If you have been wondering how to update your living room here are of few easy DIY ideas.
- Area Rugs can enhance existing décor and anchor your seating area. Rugs add texture, pattern and warmth to a otherwise subdued space.
- Paintings help add splashes of colour to a room and can be used as focal points. Place art in a living room above a sofa or fireplace.
- Wall art such as metal wall plaques or African headdresses can be hung on living room walls for unique and interesting displays.
- Vases and bowls introduce personality to any space.
- Large mirrors add drama while expanding space and reflecting light. Use mirrors above a fireplace mantel, console table, or against the wall.
- Light up your room with multiple levels of light. Use floor lamps, table lamps, wall sconces and overhead fixtures to prevent shadows and bring the room to life.